We're new friends, but something in the air tells me we'll be pals for life. This go-getting incredibly creative and talented lady Tori Ambler is the stylist behind our latest couple of shoots... oh and the Mum of 2 super cute twin toddlers! How she manages to juggle her passion for creative work in styling, motherhood, drop offs, pick ups, trips overseas for her husbands work oh, and always finding time to reply to my messages? It's beyond me. As we recently launched our range of pendants centered around this idea of Motherhood, and females strength, endless love and determination, there was no other human better to ask her hot tips on how it all works... Because she's got me stumped!
1) 3 of the best tips you were given before becoming a Mum:
I actually got given some AMAZING advice just before I had the boys:
1. Breastfeeding isn’t always this easy, breezy thing it’s made out to be. It can be really hard, or for some impossible.
I was so grateful I’d been told that, as I had such a tough time breastfeeding
2. Set a time by which you’ll be showered and dressed EVERYDAY. My midwife told me this one and it was a game changer. She said so many mamas don’t make that time for themselves, sit in pajamas all day, and start to feel low.
3. Get a group chat of your fellow Mum mates, or other mums with similar aged babes. Me and 5 girlfriends started one when we were all pregnant and it was a life saver (still is). Any worries, frustrations (soooo many), laughs, questions, etc, throw it out there.
Three things I love most about being a mum:
1. They keep me fit! Now they’re 3, our days consist of bike rides, skateboards, walks, parks, wrestling, etc Every. Single. Day. Stuff I would never have done, ever. (No, you don't like to wrestle on the daily?!)
2. Their smell. Creepy? Maybe. When they’re asleep I smell their little necks 💔
3. Them. They’re amazing. Some days are horrific (toddlers can be HORRIBLE), but then they tell me ‘mister sun is here and it’s a beautiful day mama’, or they cuddle on the couch while picking their noses and it’s the best thing ever
3 places I can’t wait to take the boys:
1. Japan. It’s top of my list!!! They love the chaos of cities, so I assume they’ll be in heaven in Tokyo
2. Bali (again). Now they’re older I can’t wait to take them back
3. A white Christmas, undecided where. I’ve never had one either!
Thanks Tori, you're a rockstar. To check out Tori's beautiful Styling work (Currently she is located in New Zealand but available for Travel) over on her website in the below link:
You can find more of her work and daily adventures over on her instagram account at @toriamblestylist
Our necklaces come in a variety of lengths from 15" (Petites & almost a Choker length) to 23". Our 15", 16" and 18" length necklaces all come in our Fine Chain with the 20" and 23" length chains in our 'Everyday' Chain which is slightly heavier in weight. All items in the La Luna Rose shop clearly label the length of the chain used for that design. Unless otherwise stated, all necklaces are adjustable by 1"/2.5cm in length. Below is a diagram of how our chain lengths sit on a body. If you have a large breast area, you may find that the 23" length chain sits in between your boobs...a good thing or bad, I'm not sure, that's up to you!
|CHARITY & SALLY T-SHIRT MEASUREMENTS||SMALL (Size 6-10)||MEDIUM (Size 10-14||LARGE (Size 14-16)|
It is important to note that different countries have different sizing methods.
Most of the world goes by number sizing which is the easiest and most accurate.
Because we sell our jewellery all over the world, we have decided to stick with number sizing and have put together the below chart to help you out. The most common size for ladies is a size 7 and size 10 for man. If you are unsure of your size you can measure the inner diameter of one of your own rings and refer to the below measurements.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any further issues.
Please also note that if you are ordering a wide band ring, its usually a good idea to go up a size.
Size 6 = Ring Sizes L, M, N. Inner Diameter measures 16.5mm
Size 7 = Ring Sizes N, O, P. Inner Diameter measures 17.3mm
Size 8 = Ring Sizes P, Q, R. Inner Diameter measures 18.1mm
Size 9 = Ring Sizes R, S, T. Inner Diameter measures 18.9mm
If you require a ring in a different size in any of the designs offered, please send us an email here and we will see what our clever silversmiths can do for you.
La Luna Rose chain bracelets fit much like the beaded bracelets with an adjustable clasp. Therefore they have two/three size options for you. They sit at a total circumference of approx 15cm & 17.5cm
LA LUNA ROSE PETITES SIZING
Petites Bracelets - We have a number of options for our bracelets for little girls - they're our top seller and little girls just love them! Our Beaded tassel bracelets have an adjustable sizing system and comfortably fit a little girl from aged 3 - 14. Girls 14 and upwards are recommended to fit our Adults collection however if they have small wrists they will still fit the Petites range. To measure a little girls wrist, please wrap a piece around their wrist with 2 fingers underneath. Mark the paper, and lay flat to measure with a ruler.
Our Petites Sideshow Sally Bracelets are adjustable in length and open up to 18cm in circumference. If you don't have a direct wrist to measure, this bracelet system is almost fail safe and accommodates almost all wrist sizes.
Our Petites Sunday Sandy Bracelets measure 12cm in length with 3 options of length within the clasp system.
Our La Luna Fiesta Bracelets measure 14cm in length/circumference and all have the ability to have any of our La Luna Rose charms added to them.
Our Petites Chain Bracelets measure 15cm in length with an smaller loop at 12.5cm. If you need larger, feel free to order an adults size.
Petites Rings - Our Petites range also offers rings for little girls. Please measure your childs finger first to ensure you are ordering the correct size. We would recommend a size 3.5 for girls 6-8 and a size 4.5 for girls 8-13 and a size 5-6 for 14-17year olds. However - every finger and body is different! Any questions, just send us and email here and we would be happy to help.
Petites Necklaces - Our La Luna Rose Fine Chain Necklace measure 15" in length with an extra size loop at 14". Our La Luna Fiesta Necklaces measure 34cm in length and all have the ability to have any of our La Luna Rose charms added to them.
If you require any other sizes for any of our items, please just let us know and we will see what we can whip up for you! You can contact us here.