We're new friends, but something in the air tells me we'll be pals for life. This go-getting incredibly creative and talented lady Tori Ambler is the stylist behind our latest couple of shoots... oh and the Mum of 2 super cute twin toddlers! How she manages to juggle her passion for creative work in styling, motherhood, drop offs, pick ups, trips overseas for her husbands work oh, and always finding time to reply to my messages? It's beyond me. As we recently launched our range of pendants centered around this idea of Motherhood, and females strength, endless love and determination, there was no other human better to ask her hot tips on how it all works... Because she's got me stumped!
1) 3 of the best tips you were given before becoming a Mum:
I actually got given some AMAZING advice just before I had the boys:
1. Breastfeeding isn’t always this easy, breezy thing it’s made out to be. It can be really hard, or for some impossible.
I was so grateful I’d been told that, as I had such a tough time breastfeeding
2. Set a time by which you’ll be showered and dressed EVERYDAY. My midwife told me this one and it was a game changer. She said so many mamas don’t make that time for themselves, sit in pajamas all day, and start to feel low.
3. Get a group chat of your fellow Mum mates, or other mums with similar aged babes. Me and 5 girlfriends started one when we were all pregnant and it was a life saver (still is). Any worries, frustrations (soooo many), laughs, questions, etc, throw it out there.
Three things I love most about being a mum:
1. They keep me fit! Now they’re 3, our days consist of bike rides, skateboards, walks, parks, wrestling, etc Every. Single. Day. Stuff I would never have done, ever. (No, you don't like to wrestle on the daily?!)
2. Their smell. Creepy? Maybe. When they’re asleep I smell their little necks 💔
3. Them. They’re amazing. Some days are horrific (toddlers can be HORRIBLE), but then they tell me ‘mister sun is here and it’s a beautiful day mama’, or they cuddle on the couch while picking their noses and it’s the best thing ever
3 places I can’t wait to take the boys:
1. Japan. It’s top of my list!!! They love the chaos of cities, so I assume they’ll be in heaven in Tokyo
2. Bali (again). Now they’re older I can’t wait to take them back
3. A white Christmas, undecided where. I’ve never had one either!
Thanks Tori, you're a rockstar. To check out Tori's beautiful Styling work (Currently she is located in New Zealand but available for Travel) over on her website in the below link:
You can find more of her work and daily adventures over on her instagram account at @toriamblestylist
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Scorpio season is around the corner… The most mysterious sign of the Zodiac is right on time for Halloween! We love learning more about the signs each month and we hope you do too. It's time to learn 10 fun facts about our Scorpio pals...
Early in 2020, before the madness of COVID really kicked into 2nd gear, we were lucky enough to open our first retail store in the seaside village of Berawa, Canggu on our favourite island of Bali. Designed by the incredible Becks Harrop Design, and pieced together by a variety of talented humans, we couldn't be happier with how our first retail space has turned out!
We recently launched our new Charity Tee-shirts collection that support 3 incredible Non-profits doing amazing work to give back to the vulnerable communities of Indonesia. It’s extremely important to us to raise awareness about organizations doing good, and the ones we believe in and choose to support through Luna & Rose.
Luna & Rose necklaces come in a variety of lengths from 18" to 23". Our 18" chain necklace is made from our Fine Chain with the 20" and 23" length chains in our 'Everyday' Chain. These are the same chain design, just slightly heavier in weight for the longer lengths. For a rough guide (as we all have different, amazing bodies) the 23" chain sits around or just above your nipple line...
We're big fans of layering necklaces and I'm pretty sure you are too. All of our chains are adjustable in length by 2" to make sure you can style your layers to perfection and mix them up with other pieces in your jewellery wardrobe.
Although all necklaces are adjustable, for the perfect layered look we suggest that you purchase your necklaces on different length chains. This way you get to see the beauty of both pendants and there's less chance of scratching! We also personally like wearing the smallest pendant on the shorter length and the larger heavier pendants longer. That's just our personal choice though, we're all awesome & individual humans and ultimately you get to decide how you style your pieces!
Below is a little guide of some of our favourite pieces layered and their lengths:
|SALLY T-SHIRT MEASUREMENTS||SMALL (Size 6-10)||MEDIUM (Size 10-14||LARGE (Size 14-16)|
|CLASSIC T-SHIRT MEASUREMENTS||SMALL (Size 6-10)||MEDIUM (Size 10-14||LARGE (Size 14-16)|
It is important to note that different countries have different sizing methods.
Most of the world goes by number sizing which is the easiest and most accurate.
Because we sell our jewellery all over the world, we have decided to stick with number sizing and have put together the below chart to help you out. The most common size for ladies is a size 7 and size 10 for man. If you are unsure of your size you can measure the inner diameter of one of your own rings and refer to the below measurements.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any further issues.
Please also note that if you are ordering a wide band ring, its usually a good idea to go up a size.
Size 4 = Ring Size H 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 14.9mm (Recommended Pinky Size)
Size 5 = Ring Size J 1/2. Diameter measures 15.7mm (Recommended Pinky Size)
Size 6 = Ring Sizes L, M, Inner Diameter measures 16.5mm
Size 7 = Ring Sizes N, O, Inner Diameter measures 17.3mm
Size 8 = Ring Sizes P, Q, Inner Diameter measures 18.1mm
Size 9 = Ring Sizes R, S, Inner Diameter measures 18.9mm (Recommended Male Size)
Size 10 = Ring Sizes T 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 19.8mm (Recommended Male Size)
Size 11 = Ring Sizes V 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 20.6mm (Recommended Male Size)
Size 12 = Ring Sizes X 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 21.3mm (Recommended large Male Size)
If you require a ring in a different size in any of the designs offered, please send us an email here and we will see what our clever silversmiths can do for you.
Luna & Rose chain bracelets also have a 2" adjustable chain length with a clasp. Therefore they have two/three size options for you. They sit at a total circumference of approx 16cm & 17.5cm
If you require any other sizes for any of our items, please just let us know and we will see what we can whip up for you! You can contact us here.