Here at Luna & Rose we take pride and comfort in the fact that we produce only the best quality jewellery for our customers made from high quality purified recycled Sterling Silver. Every piece of Luna & Rose jewellery is handmade from precious metals and it needs to be looked after carefully by its new loving owner. Please read the below Quality and Care instructions to ensure the longevity of your pieces, outstanding the length of time and into the next century! Afterall, you wash your clothes on a weekly basis, why wouldn't you do the same for your jewels?
• Always protect your jewellery from chemicals including perfume. Sterling Silver is a soft metal and our Gold Plated is layered on top of this (3 times), so with a harsh chemical (Yes, perfume is a harsh chemical!) coming into contact with this metal make up, it can effect your jewellery over time. ie. Making it weaker, changing its colour, lacking its's lustre. We suggest spraying your perfume on BEFORE you put your jewellery on, to the side of your neck / wrists or onto your clothes rather than your skin where your jewellery will rest for the rest of the day.
• Abrasive surfaces and coming into contact with hard surfaces can scratch your jewellery. Try to store your jewellery in a soft lined box (like the one it came in!) or a fabric pouch so that your jewellery pieces don't rub together.
• Clean your jewellery regularly, using a professional jewellery cleaning cloth. This will ensure your pieces stay shiny and the exact colour that you purchased, for years to come. ie. NO DIRT BUILD UP! You can purchase these from our website over here. Always read the manufacturers instructions first before using another type of cloth on your jewellery to make sure that it is soft enough for Sterling Silver + Gold plating.
• Try to avoid, at all costs, swimming in Chlorine & Salt water with your jewellery. Over time, Chlorine in swimming pools can cause damage to all metals as well as draining colour and shine from the pieces. Best to pop them on the side of the pool or under your beach towel and swim free & easy! Swimming with them a few times won't change the colour or tarnish your pieces at all, it is a slow effect that would happen over time if you did this activity regularly - so don't get your knickers in a twist if you forget that one time!
• Avoid wearing your jewellery while cleaning, gardening or doing hard heavy labour! Even household cleaning fluids has the ability to reduce the lustre of the metal. As much as we want you to show off your ‘jewels’, save them for afterwards where you can cherish showing them off in a more relaxing environment for the jewellery. Some cleaning chemicals are really harsh and will play havoc on the Sterling Silver precious metal + Gold plating.
• Try to remove your pieces before showering and washing hands etc. This again, is a precaution to ensure your pieces remain in tip top shape for the length of time. Your Luna & Rose pieces will NOT change colour or tarnish if you don't do this daily. If your piece happens to get wet, be sure to thoroughly dry your jewellery. Think of your jewels the same way as you treat your favourite dress (Only you get to wear your jewellery every single day!) and treat them the same way :)
We're human too and we know that due to life’s little niggles, often things out of our control can happen that may be detrimental to your piece of Luna & Rose. Because we care and realise this can sometimes get us down we offer a ‘nurture’ service for some of our pieces. If your jewellery has lost some of its sparkly fresh colour, needs to be re-plated or perhaps the thread has just had a couple of unfortunate run-ins with abrasive objects, drop us an email on our contact page and we will take you through the steps to get your piece back up and into perfection again. Prices for this service depend on the item but our Nuture service starts at $20.
In 2020 we are so excited to launch a fully fledged return & recycle programme to help our customers minimise waste in their jewellery department and allow their pieces to be put into our fully closed loop production!
Taking good care of your item will ensure your special piece looks beautiful and shiny for as long as your adventures continue! x
Luna & Rose necklaces come in a variety of lengths from 18" to 23". Our 18" chain necklace is made from our Fine Chain with the 20" and 23" length chains in our 'Everyday' Chain. These are the same chain design, just slightly heavier in weight for the longer lengths. For a rough guide (as we all have different, amazing bodies) the 23" chain sits around or just above your nipple line...
We're big fans of layering necklaces and I'm pretty sure you are too. All of our chains are adjustable in length by 2" to make sure you can style your layers to perfection and mix them up with other pieces in your jewellery wardrobe.
Although all necklaces are adjustable, for the perfect layered look we suggest that you purchase your necklaces on different length chains. This way you get to see the beauty of both pendants and there's less chance of scratching! We also personally like wearing the smallest pendant on the shorter length and the larger heavier pendants longer. That's just our personal choice though, we're all awesome & individual humans and ultimately you get to decide how you style your pieces!
Below is a little guide of some of our favourite pieces layered and their lengths:
|SALLY T-SHIRT MEASUREMENTS||SMALL (Size 6-10)||MEDIUM (Size 10-14||LARGE (Size 14-16)|
|CLASSIC T-SHIRT MEASUREMENTS||SMALL (Size 6-10)||MEDIUM (Size 10-14||LARGE (Size 14-16)|
It is important to note that different countries have different sizing methods.
Most of the world goes by number sizing which is the easiest and most accurate.
Because we sell our jewellery all over the world, we have decided to stick with number sizing and have put together the below chart to help you out. The most common size for ladies is a size 7 and size 10 for man. If you are unsure of your size you can measure the inner diameter of one of your own rings and refer to the below measurements.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any further issues.
Please also note that if you are ordering a wide band ring, its usually a good idea to go up a size.
Size 4 = Ring Size H 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 14.9mm (Recommended Pinky Size)
Size 5 = Ring Size J 1/2. Diameter measures 15.7mm (Recommended Pinky Size)
Size 6 = Ring Sizes L, M, Inner Diameter measures 16.5mm
Size 7 = Ring Sizes N, O, Inner Diameter measures 17.3mm
Size 8 = Ring Sizes P, Q, Inner Diameter measures 18.1mm
Size 9 = Ring Sizes R, S, Inner Diameter measures 18.9mm (Recommended Male Size)
Size 10 = Ring Sizes T 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 19.8mm (Recommended Male Size)
Size 11 = Ring Sizes V 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 20.6mm (Recommended Male Size)
Size 12 = Ring Sizes X 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 21.3mm (Recommended large Male Size)
If you require a ring in a different size in any of the designs offered, please send us an email here and we will see what our clever silversmiths can do for you.
Luna & Rose chain bracelets also have a 2" adjustable chain length with a clasp. Therefore they have two/three size options for you. They sit at a total circumference of approx 16cm & 17.5cm
If you require any other sizes for any of our items, please just let us know and we will see what we can whip up for you! You can contact us here.