Here at Luna & Rose we take pride and comfort in the fact that we produce only the best quality jewellery for our customers made from high quality purified recycled Sterling Silver. Every piece of Luna & Rose jewellery is handmade from precious metals and it needs to be looked after carefully by its new loving owner. Please read the below Quality and Care instructions to ensure the longevity of your pieces, outstanding the length of time and into the next century! Afterall, you wash your clothes on a weekly basis, why wouldn't you do the same for your jewels?
• Always protect your jewellery from chemicals including perfume. Sterling Silver is a soft metal and our Gold Plated is layered on top of this (3 times), so with a harsh chemical (Yes, perfume is a harsh chemical!) coming into contact with this metal make up, it can effect your jewellery over time. ie. Making it weaker, changing its colour, lacking its's lustre. We suggest spraying your perfume on BEFORE you put your jewellery on, to the side of your neck / wrists or onto your clothes rather than your skin where your jewellery will rest for the rest of the day.
• Abrasive surfaces and coming into contact with hard surfaces can scratch your jewellery. Try to store your jewellery in a soft lined box (like the one it came in!) or a fabric pouch so that your jewellery pieces don't rub together.
• Clean your jewellery regularly, using a professional jewellery cleaning cloth. This will ensure your pieces stay shiny and the exact colour that you purchased, for years to come. ie. NO DIRT BUILD UP! You can purchase these from our website over here. Always read the manufacturers instructions first before using another type of cloth on your jewellery to make sure that it is soft enough for Sterling Silver + Gold plating.
• Try to avoid, at all costs, swimming in Chlorine & Salt water with your jewellery. Over time, Chlorine in swimming pools can cause damage to all metals as well as draining colour and shine from the pieces. Best to pop them on the side of the pool or under your beach towel and swim free & easy! Swimming with them a few times won't change the colour or tarnish your pieces at all, it is a slow effect that would happen over time if you did this activity regularly - so don't get your knickers in a twist if you forget that one time!
• Avoid wearing your jewellery while cleaning, gardening or doing hard heavy labour! Even household cleaning fluids has the ability to reduce the lustre of the metal. As much as we want you to show off your ‘jewels’, save them for afterwards where you can cherish showing them off in a more relaxing environment for the jewellery. Some cleaning chemicals are really harsh and will play havoc on the Sterling Silver precious metal + Gold plating.
• Try to remove your pieces before showering and washing hands etc. This again, is a precaution to ensure your pieces remain in tip top shape for the length of time. Your Luna & Rose pieces will NOT change colour or tarnish if you don't do this daily. If your piece happens to get wet, be sure to thoroughly dry your jewellery. Think of your jewels the same way as you treat your favourite dress (Only you get to wear your jewellery every single day!) and treat them the same way.
We're human too and we know that due to life’s little niggles, often things out of our control can happen that may be detrimental to your piece of Luna & Rose. Because we care and realise this can sometimes get us down we offer a ‘nurture’ service for some of our pieces. If your jewellery has lost some of its sparkly fresh colour, needs to be re-plated or perhaps the thread has just had a couple of unfortunate run-ins with abrasive objects, drop us an email on our contact page and we will take you through the steps to get your piece back up and into perfection again. Prices for this service depend on the item but our Nuture service starts at $20.
In 2020 we were so excited to launch a fully fledged return & recycle programme to help our customers minimise waste in their jewellery department and allow their pieces to be put into our fully closed loop production. This is now open twice a year for a 6 week period. Please sign up to our email list to be notified of then our mailboxes are open and ready to receive your old jewellery to be recycled.
Taking good care of your item will ensure your special piece looks beautiful and shiny for as long as your adventures continue x