Let’s be real here…. A good looking platter is not only the perfect piece of Pintrest Porn but a delicious piece of real life edible art – and who’s complaining about that!? Aperitivo hour – the two hours around sunset time – may just be my favourite time of the day due to the snacks & platters that manifest and appear across the globe at this time. In Spain it’s all Cheese, Salami and Olives. In Italy it’s more Breadsticks, Cheese & Bread…. In France, it’s all of the above & more… at a premium! Whatever the country, Aperitivo hour is best shared with friends, family & one hectic looking platter…
The below is a concoction of delicious platters that we have discovered over on Pinterest and have really got us salivating. Whether you’re getting the girls over for a Saturday afternoon wine, mid-week book club or heading down to the beach and snacks are the main meal of the day, we’re sure you will find some inspiration in these delicious edible pieces of platter porn artworks.
1) One for the slightly sweeter toothed….This platter is too beautiful with it’s colourful mix of fruit, waffles, seeds & nuts as well as your classic Cheese & crackers. The vibrant selection of delicious snacks definitely makes this platter a feast for the eyes!
2) Simple but effective. We love the bread in glasses that creates volume on the board!
3) Can we all confirm that this platter is absolutely the perfect mix of sweet, savoury, crunchy, healthy & a little naughty? Get in me!
4) Bigger isn’t ALWAYS better, how cute are these mini-platter artworks? Perfect for sharing around at Aperitivo hour in a mingling group situation or placed around the room / picnic space for ease of sharing. Love the super cute styling too!
5) This is one of ‘Poor Girls Pantry’s’ masterpieces – I love the use of greenery to add both texture and a cute vibe as well as filling out the in between areas of the cheese & crackers. For more of her work, check out her ENDLESS supply of platter porn over here.
6) This guy is creativity gone wild and I love it. The use of height for extra WOW factor as well as all of the beautiful tropical colours with the fruit popped in here and there…
We also love to serve our platters with a delicious sauce. While there are many recipes on the internet, we love this one that we recently wrote about over on our blog. It is so good to dip your vegetables in it or toss with it!
If you are having an aperitif with friends, family or planning your next event with a bunch of special humans, big platters are always a good idea. Not only due to their picture perfection but also the minimal amount of cooking required! Oh, and the fun of putting your masterpiece all together!? Platters for aperitivo hour will allow you to spend as much time as possible with your guests at your next shin dig / party / catch up. We’d love to see your platters! Feel free to email us your platter porn or tag us on #lalunarose on social media to share your artwork. x
(And whatever you do, don’t forget the wine !)
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Dreaming of visiting the South of France? If so, Marseille definitely should be on your list of spots to hit! A beautiful town by the seaside with tons of beautiful beaches and landscapes… Here are our top 5 favourite things to do in this sun-filled city!
Here at Luna & Rose, whenever we need to dye a fabric to get our dreamy colour palettes perfected, we choose to use Natural Plant Dyes. It might cost us x6 the price vs using a chemical, synthetic dye but for us, that's a no brainer and we're pretty sure your health & skin thanks us for it too!
Did you know that the average American throws away more than 64 garments a year into a landfill?! It is also researched that Australians purchase 27kg of new textiles each year and then discard around 23kg into landfill annually. WILD.
As you know, here at Luna & Rose we are huge promoters of shopping sustainably meaning that you are choosing plant based fibres that can naturally biodegrade back into the Earth after it's had a good time here on planet earth. We share 6 easy steps to follow to compost your old Natural Fibres...