Rebekah is the guru behind our latest collaboration collection 'BLUE CRUSH' designing the 2 super rad prints that we have made into Shirts, Scarves, Shoes, Hats & Wallets. But beyond her creative geniusness and inspiring thoughts over on her Goldfish Kiss blog, she is one rad and inspiring human. From fitness workouts to nature hikes to love poems painted in her infamous watercolours, we love getting our daily dose from Rebekah and thought it was time to learn a little more about HER! Here are 10 fun facts she recently shared with us
1) You studied….I got my BFA in Fine Art from the University of Iowa
2) You worked….Oh man I've had so many jobs, ready, set, go... Lifeguard, Valet, Worked on a golf course, Tae Bo Instructor, Nanny, Cocktail Waitress, Graphic Designer, Model, Actress, camp counselor, art director, I Need to find my old resume
3) You grew up in …..Colorado - I'm a mountain gal who is obsessed with the beach. Ironic, I know.
4) You lived in Hawaii because…It was a dream come true. My husband and I were newlyweds, both struggling to find our place in the 2009 recession, then my husband got a job at UH. 'Twas a no brainer for us, and the best move ever.
5) Your favourite work out is….I’m all about kettlebells these days. I've been lifting since I was 15 so it’s been a refreshing way to mix up my lifts (I’m turning 40 this fall. WHAT!? I guess for that reason I really love hot yoga too. It makes my joints feel less achy)
6) To create your paintings it takes…. My usual paintings take 3-4 hours, the big ones take weeks, textiles are a few hours, blog posts and IG captions require an unmeasurable time staring blankly in to space figuring out what the heck I want to say.
7) You find the most amount of inspiration by…Traveling and nature. Vintage photography is helping a lot these days too. Same with some really good tunes.
8) Levi's coolest trait is…his belly laugh, his ability to transform to multiple super heroes/Movie characters in a day, his hair, his heart.
9) Your favourite flower is...Gardenia - Their scent I glorious, it's also what I wore in my hair on my wedding day and had in my bouquet.
10) Favourite weekend activity is….Surfing and sunrise beach runs (when we lived by the beach) In Seattle it’s getting good coffee and going for a hike/or a paddle if its warm.
You can check out the full collection(s) that we have designed together with Rebekah over the years over HERE.
You can also check out her epic and inspiring blog by clicking HERE.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
As a small brand like Luna & Rose, we know how important it is to support each other and empower other businesses we love, trust and believe in! Today, we want to show you our favourite Black Owned Fashion Sustainable Brands, a way for you to discover new resources, while taking care of our planet.
As we’re doing our best to keep ourselves educated and updated on the Black Lives Matter movement, one of our favourite ways to do so is to listen to podcasts. We’ve been loving learning from teachers, historians, and just regular people experiencing racism and issues we don’t even know about.
As we’re launchingour new Signet Rings, why not take the time to learn more about this timeless piece of jewellery?
First and foremost, signet rings represent a wide range of personalized ring, usually representing family symbols, signs, monograms and more. They were used to represent someone’s identity and they were traditionally used to sign into melted wax. How amazing is that?! A unique representation of someone’s signature right on their finger. In that sense, signet rings were extremely meaningful.
Luna & Rose necklaces come in a variety of lengths from 18" to 23". Our 18" chain necklace is made from our Fine Chain with the 20" and 23" length chains in our 'Everyday' Chain. These are the same chain design, just slightly heavier in weight for the longer lengths. For a rough guide (as we all have different, amazing bodies) the 23" chain sits around or just above your nipple line...
We're big fans of layering necklaces and I'm pretty sure you are too. All of our chains are adjustable in length by 2" to make sure you can style your layers to perfection and mix them up with other pieces in your jewellery wardrobe.
Although all necklaces are adjustable, for the perfect layered look we suggest that you purchase your necklaces on different length chains. This way you get to see the beauty of both pendants and there's less chance of scratching! We also personally like wearing the smallest pendant on the shorter length and the larger heavier pendants longer. That's just our personal choice though, we're all awesome & individual humans and ultimately you get to decide how you style your pieces!
Below is a little guide of some of our favourite pieces layered and their lengths:
|SALLY T-SHIRT MEASUREMENTS||SMALL (Size 6-10)||MEDIUM (Size 10-14||LARGE (Size 14-16)|
|CLASSIC T-SHIRT MEASUREMENTS||SMALL (Size 6-10)||MEDIUM (Size 10-14||LARGE (Size 14-16)|
It is important to note that different countries have different sizing methods.
Most of the world goes by number sizing which is the easiest and most accurate.
Because we sell our jewellery all over the world, we have decided to stick with number sizing and have put together the below chart to help you out. The most common size for ladies is a size 7 and size 10 for man. If you are unsure of your size you can measure the inner diameter of one of your own rings and refer to the below measurements.
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further issues.
Please also note that if you are ordering a wide band ring, its usually a good idea to go up a size.
Size 4 = Ring Size H 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 14.9mm (Recommended Pinky Size)
Size 5 = Ring Size J 1/2. Diameter measures 15.7mm (Recommended Pinky Size)
Size 6 = Ring Sizes L, M, Inner Diameter measures 16.5mm
Size 7 = Ring Sizes N, O, Inner Diameter measures 17.3mm
Size 8 = Ring Sizes P, Q, Inner Diameter measures 18.1mm
Size 9 = Ring Sizes R, S, Inner Diameter measures 18.9mm (Recommended Male Size)
Size 10 = Ring Sizes T 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 19.8mm (Recommended Male Size)
Size 11 = Ring Sizes V 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 20.6mm (Recommended Male Size)
Size 12 = Ring Sizes X 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 21.3mm (Recommended large Male Size)
If you require a ring in a different size in any of the designs offered, please send us an email here and we will see what our clever silversmiths can do for you.
Luna & Rose chain bracelets also have a 2" adjustable chain length with a clasp. Therefore they have two/three size options for you. They sit at a total circumference of approx 16cm & 17.5cm
If you require any other sizes for any of our items, please just let us know and we will see what we can whip up for you! You can contact us here.