Rebekah is the guru behind our latest collaboration collection 'BLUE CRUSH' designing the 2 super rad prints that we have made into Shirts, Scarves, Shoes, Hats & Wallets. But beyond her creative geniusness and inspiring thoughts over on her Goldfish Kiss blog, she is one rad and inspiring human. From fitness workouts to nature hikes to love poems painted in her infamous watercolours, we love getting our daily dose from Rebekah and thought it was time to learn a little more about HER! Here are 10 fun facts she recently shared with us
1) You studied….I got my BFA in Fine Art from the University of Iowa
2) You worked….Oh man I've had so many jobs, ready, set, go... Lifeguard, Valet, Worked on a golf course, Tae Bo Instructor, Nanny, Cocktail Waitress, Graphic Designer, Model, Actress, camp counselor, art director, I Need to find my old resume
3) You grew up in …..Colorado - I'm a mountain gal who is obsessed with the beach. Ironic, I know.
4) You lived in Hawaii because…It was a dream come true. My husband and I were newlyweds, both struggling to find our place in the 2009 recession, then my husband got a job at UH. 'Twas a no brainer for us, and the best move ever.
5) Your favourite work out is….I’m all about kettlebells these days. I've been lifting since I was 15 so it’s been a refreshing way to mix up my lifts (I’m turning 40 this fall. WHAT!? I guess for that reason I really love hot yoga too. It makes my joints feel less achy)
6) To create your paintings it takes…. My usual paintings take 3-4 hours, the big ones take weeks, textiles are a few hours, blog posts and IG captions require an unmeasurable time staring blankly in to space figuring out what the heck I want to say.
7) You find the most amount of inspiration by…Traveling and nature. Vintage photography is helping a lot these days too. Same with some really good tunes.
8) Levi's coolest trait is…his belly laugh, his ability to transform to multiple super heroes/Movie characters in a day, his hair, his heart.
9) Your favourite flower is...Gardenia - Their scent I glorious, it's also what I wore in my hair on my wedding day and had in my bouquet.
10) Favourite weekend activity is….Surfing and sunrise beach runs (when we lived by the beach) In Seattle it’s getting good coffee and going for a hike/or a paddle if its warm.
You can check out the full collection(s) that we have designed together with Rebekah over the years over HERE.
You can also check out her epic and inspiring blog by clicking HERE.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
From February 19th to March 20th, we'll be celebrating our Pisces friends! The most creative sign of the Zodiac, we can't enough of their imagination and loved learning more about this fascinating group of awesome people.