Necklaces. Sentimental ones, cute ones, chunky ones, gifts from friends, special pieces you picked up on your travels, talisman to guide you through life and ones from your favourite designers….We all love them. We all wear them. But how to create that lush layered necklace stack with all of them? That is the golden question my friend and we are here to help.
Whether you want to add a little spice into your current collection, are looking to create a new necklace stack or just want to learn a few things about how to create a layered necklace look, we are here to help you out with a few key tips. Without further ado, here are our top 6 tips on how to create a great necklace stack
1. Different chain lengths are king. Whether it’s a 14” length choker or 27” long chain, the base to creating the perfect layer really is getting the lengths right. We recommend starting with 2 or 3 chain lengths, all at least 2” in difference. All of our Luna & Rose chains come with a 2” loop shorter to help you style your own look. For example, (And one of our office favourites!) is an 18”, 20” and 23” chain.
2. Work out what you are wearing. For example if you’re putting on a cute T-Shirt & jeans, we would suggest going for longer layers over if you were wearing a low-cut top. This is where you might stop & think it’s all getting a little tricky… but bare with us! Here are some different looks and suggestions below:
3. Choose your favourite piece and work around that. It’s all well and good to create a beautiful layered look but if your favourite piece isn’t a part of the party then that’s no fun at all! Depending on the charm size, you could start with this in the centre (ie. a 20” length) and work up and down from there. I personally always seem to start with my St Christopher necklace on 18” and layer up or down from there! I’m very rarely seen out of the house without him….
4. Various Pendant sizes. This is usually the easy part and we suggest to put the smaller lighter pendants on the shorter chains. The reason for this is 1, because smaller charms are more noticeable when they’re worn up high and closer to the chin and 2, because smaller charms are lighter and often don’t sit flat on a longer chain. It’s great when your charms are able to be mixed between the chain lengths (like all of ours are) so you can literally pick and choose and play around with different charms on your different length chains as you like, depending on your outfit!
5. Adding texture! We’re huge fans of mixing up your chain styles on at least one of your 3+ chains. It might be a beaded strand from your travels down through Central America, a string of pearls or a textured chain like our Rhode Island Rope Chain.
6. Have fun with it! There’s no set rules to creating the perfect necklace stack, just a bunch of ideas that you can constantly mix around and play with depending on how you feel & what type of top or dress you’re wearing. The best thing? You can wear the same pieces every single day, layered in a different way to keep your look fresh! Winning (and super sustainable - especially when you get to recycle your jewels at the end of their life!).
Looking for a little something to add into your layer? (a gal can never have too many necklaces right?) Shop our range of necklaces here.
Already got the goods, just needed some motivation and tips on how to layer? We would LOVE to see you layering your necklaces, Luna & Rose or not, tag us so we can see x
Comments will be approved before showing up.
It’s Sagittarius season! We have a lot to learn from our wandering, adventurous Sagittarius friends and we’re so excited to share how awesome they really are. We've found 10 fun facts about this fascinating star sign, want to learn a little more about them?
Happy Scorpio Season! To celebrate the launch of our Rising Moon Collection, we've asked one of our favourite style-swoony Scorpios a few questions about her intriguing Zodiac Sign and more. Step this way to learn a little more about creative & Mum-boss Sarah Shabacon....
With the recent launch of our new Rising Moon Collection which includes the 12 Zodiac Signs, we wanted to share with you about the fascinating subject that is astrology. We all know that this 'concept' of the Zodiacs has been around for thousands of years and it has influenced us and so many others before, but we wanted to delve a little deeper and learn how it has truly affected our history.