Necklaces. Sentimental ones, cute ones, chunky ones, gifts from friends, special pieces you picked up on your travels, talisman to guide you through life and ones from your favourite designers….We all love them. We all wear them. But how to create that lush layered necklace stack with all of them? That is the golden question my friend and we are here to help.
Whether you want to add a little spice into your current collection, are looking to create a new necklace stack or just want to learn a few things about how to create a layered necklace look, we are here to help you out with a few key tips. Without further ado, here are our top 6 tips on how to create a great necklace stack
1. Different chain lengths are king. Whether it’s a 14” length choker or 27” long chain, the base to creating the perfect layer really is getting the lengths right. We recommend starting with 2 or 3 chain lengths, all at least 2” in difference. All of our Luna & Rose chains come with a 2” loop shorter to help you style your own look. For example, (And one of our office favourites!) is an 18”, 20” and 23” chain.
2. Work out what you are wearing. For example if you’re putting on a cute T-Shirt & jeans, we would suggest going for longer layers over if you were wearing a low-cut top. This is where you might stop & think it’s all getting a little tricky… but bare with us! Here are some different looks and suggestions below:
3. Choose your favourite piece and work around that. It’s all well and good to create a beautiful layered look but if your favourite piece isn’t a part of the party then that’s no fun at all! Depending on the charm size, you could start with this in the centre (ie. a 20” length) and work up and down from there. I personally always seem to start with my St Christopher necklace on 18” and layer up or down from there! I’m very rarely seen out of the house without him….
4. Various Pendant sizes. This is usually the easy part and we suggest to put the smaller lighter pendants on the shorter chains. The reason for this is 1, because smaller charms are more noticeable when they’re worn up high and closer to the chin and 2, because smaller charms are lighter and often don’t sit flat on a longer chain. It’s great when your charms are able to be mixed between the chain lengths (like all of ours are) so you can literally pick and choose and play around with different charms on your different length chains as you like, depending on your outfit!
5. Adding texture! We’re huge fans of mixing up your chain styles on at least one of your 3+ chains. It might be a beaded strand from your travels down through Central America, a string of pearls or a textured chain like our Rhode Island Rope Chain.
6. Have fun with it! There’s no set rules to creating the perfect necklace stack, just a bunch of ideas that you can constantly mix around and play with depending on how you feel & what type of top or dress you’re wearing. The best thing? You can wear the same pieces every single day, layered in a different way to keep your look fresh! Winning (and super sustainable - especially when you get to recycle your jewels at the end of their life!).
Looking for a little something to add into your layer? (a gal can never have too many necklaces right?) Shop our range of necklaces here.
Already got the goods, just needed some motivation and tips on how to layer? We would LOVE to see you layering your necklaces, Luna & Rose or not, tag us so we can see x
Comments will be approved before showing up.
As a small brand like Luna & Rose, we know how important it is to support each other and empower other businesses we love, trust and believe in! Today, we want to show you our favourite Black Owned Fashion Sustainable Brands, a way for you to discover new resources, while taking care of our planet.
As we’re doing our best to keep ourselves educated and updated on the Black Lives Matter movement, one of our favourite ways to do so is to listen to podcasts. We’ve been loving learning from teachers, historians, and just regular people experiencing racism and issues we don’t even know about.
As we’re launchingour new Signet Rings, why not take the time to learn more about this timeless piece of jewellery?
First and foremost, signet rings represent a wide range of personalized ring, usually representing family symbols, signs, monograms and more. They were used to represent someone’s identity and they were traditionally used to sign into melted wax. How amazing is that?! A unique representation of someone’s signature right on their finger. In that sense, signet rings were extremely meaningful.
Luna & Rose necklaces come in a variety of lengths from 18" to 23". Our 18" chain necklace is made from our Fine Chain with the 20" and 23" length chains in our 'Everyday' Chain. These are the same chain design, just slightly heavier in weight for the longer lengths. For a rough guide (as we all have different, amazing bodies) the 23" chain sits around or just above your nipple line...
We're big fans of layering necklaces and I'm pretty sure you are too. All of our chains are adjustable in length by 2" to make sure you can style your layers to perfection and mix them up with other pieces in your jewellery wardrobe.
Although all necklaces are adjustable, for the perfect layered look we suggest that you purchase your necklaces on different length chains. This way you get to see the beauty of both pendants and there's less chance of scratching! We also personally like wearing the smallest pendant on the shorter length and the larger heavier pendants longer. That's just our personal choice though, we're all awesome & individual humans and ultimately you get to decide how you style your pieces!
Below is a little guide of some of our favourite pieces layered and their lengths:
|SALLY T-SHIRT MEASUREMENTS||SMALL (Size 6-10)||MEDIUM (Size 10-14||LARGE (Size 14-16)|
|CLASSIC T-SHIRT MEASUREMENTS||SMALL (Size 6-10)||MEDIUM (Size 10-14||LARGE (Size 14-16)|
It is important to note that different countries have different sizing methods.
Most of the world goes by number sizing which is the easiest and most accurate.
Because we sell our jewellery all over the world, we have decided to stick with number sizing and have put together the below chart to help you out. The most common size for ladies is a size 7 and size 10 for man. If you are unsure of your size you can measure the inner diameter of one of your own rings and refer to the below measurements.
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further issues.
Please also note that if you are ordering a wide band ring, its usually a good idea to go up a size.
Size 4 = Ring Size H 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 14.9mm (Recommended Pinky Size)
Size 5 = Ring Size J 1/2. Diameter measures 15.7mm (Recommended Pinky Size)
Size 6 = Ring Sizes L, M, Inner Diameter measures 16.5mm
Size 7 = Ring Sizes N, O, Inner Diameter measures 17.3mm
Size 8 = Ring Sizes P, Q, Inner Diameter measures 18.1mm
Size 9 = Ring Sizes R, S, Inner Diameter measures 18.9mm (Recommended Male Size)
Size 10 = Ring Sizes T 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 19.8mm (Recommended Male Size)
Size 11 = Ring Sizes V 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 20.6mm (Recommended Male Size)
Size 12 = Ring Sizes X 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 21.3mm (Recommended large Male Size)
If you require a ring in a different size in any of the designs offered, please send us an email here and we will see what our clever silversmiths can do for you.
Luna & Rose chain bracelets also have a 2" adjustable chain length with a clasp. Therefore they have two/three size options for you. They sit at a total circumference of approx 16cm & 17.5cm
If you require any other sizes for any of our items, please just let us know and we will see what we can whip up for you! You can contact us here.