Christmas or not, you can't deny that Gingerbread is a GOOOOOOD time. And even better when it's coated in chocolate & served up as a tiny little morsel like these Gingerbread Cheesecake truffles!
To be crowned 'Baker of the Day' look no further than these delicious Gingery, crunchy truffles. I can assure you that once you make them once... you'll be back for more! (Sorry Sugar Free friends, these are not for you....)
50gm Chopped Butter
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup of Honey
2.5 Cups of Flour (Substitute for Gluten Free if you need to)
1 tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 tsp of Bi-Carb Soda
2 tsp Ground Ginger
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Cloves
1. Melt the butter, Sugar & Honey in a saucepan until well combined.
2. Wait until it has cooled & mix through an egg.
3. Transfer to a larger bowl & mix all other dry ingredients together.
4. Kneed well...
1 qty Gingerbread dough (Above)
250gm Cream Cheese
525gm Dark Chocolate melts
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out the Gingerbread dough on baking paper until 5mm thick. Cut nine 5cm squares. Place on prepared tray. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
2. Preheat oven to 180C fan forced. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until light golden. Cool on tray and then process in a food processor until coarse crumbs form.
3. Use electric beaters to beat cream cheese in a bowl until soft.
4. Melt the 150gm of Dark Chocolate either on Medium in a microwave, checking it every 30 seconds or over a pot of boiling water.
5. Add the melted chocolate to the whipped cream cheese and beat until combined well. Stir in 1/2 cup of biscuit crumbs.
6. Place mixture in fridge for 4-6 hours or overnight, until firm enough to roll.
7. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Roll tablespoonfuls of cheesecake mixture into balls. Place on tray in fridge for 30 minutes.
8. Melt the remaining chocolate. Place choc melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium, stirring every minute, for 2-3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
9. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Dip balls in melted chocolate. Drain off excess. Place on prepared tray. Sprinkle with the remaining crumbs. Set aside for 10 minutes.
10. Try not to eat them all in one sitting!
Check out all of our other delicious recipes on our blog including Smoothie Bowls, Salads, Chewy cookies, Beetroot Bliss Balls and so much more....
Comments will be approved before showing up.
At Luna & Rose, it is our mission and duty to include diversity and represent everyone. That’s why we’re doing our best to work with models, photographs, and influencers from every ethnicity! Today, we want to give you inspiration to diversify your Instagram feed and include even more incredible women who inspire us every day.
We can’t forget our Christmas and New Year’s friends, Capricorns! We’re so excited to share some new fun facts about this special Zodiac sign.