Wait, I'm pretty sure Summer on really just got into 3rd gear and now it's day-light saving already!? Yeah, the pain is real and the weather don't lie. Autumn is settling in hear in the Southern Hemisphere and I don't know about you....but I am frantically trawling expedia for flights to some place warm and getting inspiration for rad as places to stay on Airbnb.
The pain is made slightly worse as some very good pals are currently honeymooning their way across the Yucatan Penninsula in Mexico. Their sweaty bods lounging around poolside with cocktails in hand and epic beach views in the background is not doing me any favours for getting work done. Instead, I am busy manifesting how I can make our next photoshoot in Mexico happen! And, while I was at it, I came across these super dreamy beach-side Airbnb hotspots (after all, we have to sleep somewhere beautiful to get the shoot done right!) Dream away with me & pretend you're booking a night or two here....which place would you pick?
1) Casa Perlita - Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- Absolute beachside location, located in a cute local village area.
- 2 Bedroom, 2 Bathrooms, approx $250 AUD per night. Not bad not bad.... (Sleeps up to 6 so if you can weezle your posse into joining you, this place is an absolute bargain. You're basically saving money by going on holiday here. It's like $40 a night each!)
- Check it out here.
2) 'Cheryl's Place' Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- Ocean front location - WOO! And sounds like little Kittys Bodega down the street was minutes away serving fresh beers & all the snacks one might need relaxing poolside here...nice.
- 2 Bedroom, 2 Bathrooms, approx $200 AUD per night. Has capacity to sleep 6 so by my calculations, it's even cheaper than Casa Perlita! Exit to Expedia now to secure those flights sister...
- Cheryl's Aircon goes like a hummer (Key in the tropics!) and going on previous Airbnb-ers, she's a slick cleaner too! Winning.
- Check it out here.
3) King Suite - Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- Ummmm with a rooftop like that do you need any other reason to book here?!
- Rooftop Infinity pool. Stop it.
- 2 Bedroom approx $200 AUD per night (more the cute rommy couple get away this one)
- Grab ya man / bestie / lady in tow and check it out here.
4) Isla Mujeres Island Villa, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
-Located on the quieter side of the little island of Isla Mujeres, she's still only a short golf cart to town - best of both worlds I say!
- Sounds like a semi-mansion! 3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, couples getaway?!
- We thought the King Suite had a sweet rooftop (which is does of course) - but have you seen this view?! Sold.
- Ok it's slightly more expensive at approx $600 AUD per night but still a bargain in the scheme of life (maybe) - Look at that view you wake up to!
- Check it out here.
Sooo, you guys know what to do. Momondo or Expedia it up, sift out some deals and get on that plane! No time for a holiday? Shop our LAS PALMAS collection that will whisk you away to the tropics without even having to walk out the door....
(Admittedly, I am off to Bali in 3 weeks for the Winter juuuussssttt in time for the real heinous, icy winds to set in here in Melbourne, sorry guys! I plan this stuff in advance, I know how these weather cycles roll!)
Shop our Las Palmas Collection here.
Liked this? Check out our Vietnam Air B n B hotspots here.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
As a small brand like Luna & Rose, we know how important it is to support each other and empower other businesses we love, trust and believe in! Today, we want to show you our favourite Black Owned Fashion Sustainable Brands, a way for you to discover new resources, while taking care of our planet.
As we’re doing our best to keep ourselves educated and updated on the Black Lives Matter movement, one of our favourite ways to do so is to listen to podcasts. We’ve been loving learning from teachers, historians, and just regular people experiencing racism and issues we don’t even know about.
As we’re launchingour new Signet Rings, why not take the time to learn more about this timeless piece of jewellery?
First and foremost, signet rings represent a wide range of personalized ring, usually representing family symbols, signs, monograms and more. They were used to represent someone’s identity and they were traditionally used to sign into melted wax. How amazing is that?! A unique representation of someone’s signature right on their finger. In that sense, signet rings were extremely meaningful.
Luna & Rose necklaces come in a variety of lengths from 18" to 23". Our 18" chain necklace is made from our Fine Chain with the 20" and 23" length chains in our 'Everyday' Chain. These are the same chain design, just slightly heavier in weight for the longer lengths. For a rough guide (as we all have different, amazing bodies) the 23" chain sits around or just above your nipple line...
We're big fans of layering necklaces and I'm pretty sure you are too. All of our chains are adjustable in length by 2" to make sure you can style your layers to perfection and mix them up with other pieces in your jewellery wardrobe.
Although all necklaces are adjustable, for the perfect layered look we suggest that you purchase your necklaces on different length chains. This way you get to see the beauty of both pendants and there's less chance of scratching! We also personally like wearing the smallest pendant on the shorter length and the larger heavier pendants longer. That's just our personal choice though, we're all awesome & individual humans and ultimately you get to decide how you style your pieces!
Below is a little guide of some of our favourite pieces layered and their lengths:
|SALLY T-SHIRT MEASUREMENTS||SMALL (Size 6-10)||MEDIUM (Size 10-14||LARGE (Size 14-16)|
|CLASSIC T-SHIRT MEASUREMENTS||SMALL (Size 6-10)||MEDIUM (Size 10-14||LARGE (Size 14-16)|
It is important to note that different countries have different sizing methods.
Most of the world goes by number sizing which is the easiest and most accurate.
Because we sell our jewellery all over the world, we have decided to stick with number sizing and have put together the below chart to help you out. The most common size for ladies is a size 7 and size 10 for man. If you are unsure of your size you can measure the inner diameter of one of your own rings and refer to the below measurements.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any further issues.
Please also note that if you are ordering a wide band ring, its usually a good idea to go up a size.
Size 4 = Ring Size H 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 14.9mm (Recommended Pinky Size)
Size 5 = Ring Size J 1/2. Diameter measures 15.7mm (Recommended Pinky Size)
Size 6 = Ring Sizes L, M, Inner Diameter measures 16.5mm
Size 7 = Ring Sizes N, O, Inner Diameter measures 17.3mm
Size 8 = Ring Sizes P, Q, Inner Diameter measures 18.1mm
Size 9 = Ring Sizes R, S, Inner Diameter measures 18.9mm (Recommended Male Size)
Size 10 = Ring Sizes T 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 19.8mm (Recommended Male Size)
Size 11 = Ring Sizes V 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 20.6mm (Recommended Male Size)
Size 12 = Ring Sizes X 1/2. Inner Diameter measures 21.3mm (Recommended large Male Size)
If you require a ring in a different size in any of the designs offered, please send us an email here and we will see what our clever silversmiths can do for you.
Luna & Rose chain bracelets also have a 2" adjustable chain length with a clasp. Therefore they have two/three size options for you. They sit at a total circumference of approx 16cm & 17.5cm
If you require any other sizes for any of our items, please just let us know and we will see what we can whip up for you! You can contact us here.