It's Bananarama madness around here with the launch of our new tropical collection (Bananas rings and all) so I thought I would share one of my favourite all-time naughty but healthy but a little naughty treat.
These guys are so easy to make, can look beautiful (If you get the chocolate consistency right!) and are a guaranteed hit. Perfect for Summer BBQ's in the sunshine, party snacks for little ones or just an epic treat to have in the freezer!
Here goes, get ready to discover your new obsession...
- 2 Firm but Ripe Bananas
- 200gm of Dark Chocolate (Chopped)
- 2 Tblspns of Coconut or Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 a Cup of your desired toppings (Granola, Chopped Pecans, Walnuts, Peanuts, Shredded Coconut, Sprinkles etc)
- Toothpicks or Kebab sticks (If you would like them served as skewers)
1) Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper
2) Cut the Bananas into thirds or halves, depending on how big you would like your pieces. Insert toothpick or kebab stick from from the base into the banana (as shown in the images above). Place on the baking tray and freeze for 20 minutes.
3) After 10 minutes, melt the chocolate with the oil in a glass bowl in the microwave (check it every 30 seconds). Alternatively, place the chocolate in a bowl over a half-full pan of simmering water for about 2 minutes or until all chocolate has melted. Stir until smooth.
4) Roll each banana half in the chocolate and then quickly sprinkle with your topping. Place them back onto the non-stick tray.
5) Freeze until the chocolate sets (Approx 30 minutes if you can wait!) Serve up or store them in the freezer in an airtight container for up to a week - YUM!
And you know what? If you can't be bothered or just simple don't care for how pretty you Chocolate and banana look together, get a tablespoon of Nutella, slice up a Banana and wallah - dip away!
Got you in the mood for Bananas? You can shop our Banana jewellery designs here.
Liked this? Head over here to check out our Smoothie Bowl Recipes and get your fresh fruit fix for breakfast!