If these arn't going to get you in the Christmas sprit then I'm not sure what will! Truffles are, well, epic all year around but I can't help but feel like they really start to come into their own during the festive season of Christmas. When we recently scrolled past this recipe online recently we couldn't help but re-share these cute looking reindeer truffle morsels!
Truffles make for perfect gifts for all. Neighbours, Teachers, Mum, Auntry, Gran.... And when they look this cute? How could you not get excited about Christmas! We've listed a delicious truffle recipe below but the truth is, your base truffle could really be anything, as long as you have those red M & M's for a now & pretzels for antlers - you'll be a star in any kids books!
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place 50g chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place over a bowl of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Melt the chocolate while you continue to stir (This should take around 3-5 minutes)
3. Crumble the cake (including the icing) into a bowl until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Stir in the melted chocolate through the cake-crumbs
5. Use approx 1 tablespoon crumbled cake mix to shape around each Lindor ball to completely enclose it. Transfer the truffles to the baking paper tray
6. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
7. Place the remaining 250g chocolate in the same heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir often for 5 minutes or until smooth.
8. Use a fork to dip the chocolate truffles into the melted chocolate, shaking off any excess (this is genuinely tricky to nail... but have faith!) Once coated, place the truffles back onto the tray.
9. Break the pretzels in half & decorate each truffle with pretzel antlers, pressed into the cake layer only, candy eyes and a red M&M nose.
10. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes until set.
If you make these guys we would LOVE to see, please tag us or send us photo of your creations and share your festive vibes - we're all about it! x
Comments will be approved before showing up.
At Luna & Rose, it is our mission and duty to include diversity and represent everyone. That’s why we’re doing our best to work with models, photographs, and influencers from every ethnicity! Today, we want to give you inspiration to diversify your Instagram feed and include even more incredible women who inspire us every day.
We can’t forget our Christmas and New Year’s friends, Capricorns! We’re so excited to share some new fun facts about this special Zodiac sign.