I'm not going to lie, as soon as Winter hits I turn on hibernation-mode and bake the house down. Today I came across this recipe here as I have an abundance of blueberries in the freezer at the moment. And whilst I do LOVE a good blueberry smoothie, these cookies were a sure fine way to use up some 'leftovers'! Best described as 'Crispy muffin tops', get prepared for your new favourite blueberry snack..., these guys are more-ish until the last bite!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- The Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 75grams of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries
1) In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and lemon rind; set aside.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, sugar, and melted butter until smooth.
3) Whisk in vanilla extract and eggs until combined. Add flour mixture and whisk until just incorporated.
4) Use a rubber spatula to gently mix in blueberries. For best results, cover the dough with plastic wrap and let chill for at least two hours and up to overnight. This will make sure they stay together nicely.
5) Pre-heat the over to 180degrees. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
6) Spoon the dough in tablespoon sized pieces onto baking sheet.
7) Bake until golden (Approx 13-15 minutes) and let them cool for 3 minutes before transfering them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
8) Get involved & chew away! Let us know how you go in the comments below x